BDO Horizons 2021 - Issue 4
01 November 2021
Original content provided by BDO
In Issue 4 of 2021 we see how Private Equity continues to be a growing force in the M&A market in 2021. The third quarter of 2021 saw a slight pause for breath in deal activity but still recorded a very respectable deal activity on a par with pre-pandemic levels. This pause was more noticeable with trade buyers, while private equity carried on investing at record levels. Private equity investors now represent over 25% of global mid-market deals and over 30% of aggregate deal value.
As a global organisation with operations in most countries, we have been able to see how COVID-19 has affected sectors and regions differently by keeping in regular touch with our colleagues.
This issue brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, a special feature on the merits of Cyber Due Diligence and we also look at the “Path Ahead” in terms of the trends in analyst earnings estimates. We zoom in on TMT, Real Estate and Natural Resources and, as always, we have a plethora of heat charts showing potential M&A activity in the next few months.
- Global view - Private Equity continues to be a growing force in the M&A market in 2021
- Special feature - Is it time to make Cyber Risk more central in deal making?
- Special feature - The Path Ahead... recovery picks up steam
- Real Estate – Main drivers in post-COVID Real Estate investment
- TMT - Why data remains at the core of Industry 4.0 M&A
- Natural Resources - M&A recovery set to continue with renewables deals to the fore