Long-term Resident (LTR) Visa
10 May 2023
Thailand has introduced LTR visa under a program that provides a range of special benefits to enhance the country’s attractiveness as a regional hub for living and doing business. This special visa makes it easier for high-potential foreigners to live and work in Thailand. It can be applied from 1st September 2022, and is available to the following five (5) categories of foreigners:
- Wealthy Global Citizens
- Wealthy Pensioners
- Work-from-Thailand Professionals (aka, digital nomad visa)
- Highly Skilled Professionals
- Their spouses and dependents
The privileges include:
- Can be enjoyed for up to 10 years (5 plus 5 years).
- Fast-track services at international airports in Thailand.
- The 90-day report for foreigners is extended to once a year.
- The visa includes a multiple re-entry permit.
- Immigration and work permit facilitation services are offered at the One Stop Service Center for visa and work permit.
- A reduced 17% personal income tax on gross is available to high-skilled professionals’ category (item 4 above) only. In this connection, the Cabinet has approved to broaden the target industries covered by this category. The updated list is provided below:
- Automotive Industry
- Electronics Industry
- Affluent Tourism Industry
- Agricultural and Biotechnology Industry
- Transport and logistics industry
- Automation and Robotics Industry
- Aviation, aerospace, and aerospace Industry
- Biofuels and Biochemicals Industry
- Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Digital Industry
- Medical Industry
- Defense Industry
- Industries that facilitate the Circular Economy directly and significantly, e.g., the production of energy-from-waste, water resources management etc.
- International Business Centre (IBC)
- Other targeted industries under the Targeted Industries Policy